What Dental Veneers Can Do for You
There's no such thing as a minor smile issue. Even small chips or slight gaps can affect your appearance and might even make you feel a little less self-confident. Fortunately, veneers offered by your Portage, MI, dentists, Drs. David Johnson and Jared Hector of Johnson Family Dentistry offer a smile-changing solution.
How veneers improve your smile
Veneers keep imperfections hidden beneath a thin layer of porcelain attached to the fronts of teeth with dental cement. Each tooth-shaped shell is only as thick as a contact lens yet offers excellent coverage for flaws.
In some cases, your dentist may need to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel before attaching your veneers, although this step isn't always necessary.
Do you have any of these smile issues? Veneers can help
Veneers may be a good option for you if you're concerned about:
- Teeth That Stand Out for All the Wrong Reasons: When an oddly shaped tooth disrupts that uniformity of your smile, veneers can be a good option. They're often used to improve the shape of crooked, twisted, pointed or other unusually shaped teeth.
- Minor Damage and Imperfections: You'll soon forget you ever had a chip on one tooth or a crack on another once you receive your veneers. Veneers can also help bumpy or uneven teeth look perfectly smooth.
- Discolored or Stained Teeth: Veneers are equally effective at covering a single stained tooth as they are at whitening your entire smile. If teeth whitening hasn't lightened your teeth enough, you may want to consider adding veneers instead. Veneers don't stain and are available in many shades of white.
- Noticeably Short Teeth: Your smile may look a little uneven if a few of your teeth are shorter than the others. Veneers lengthen short teeth, eliminating the problem.
- Spaces Between Teeth: Braces aren't necessarily the only solution if you have a gap between your front teeth. Veneers easily conceal slight gaps, instantly transforming your smile. (You may need orthodontic treatment if gaps are large.)
Renew your smile with veneers! Call your dentists in Portage, MI, Drs. David Johnson and Jared Hector of Johnson Family Dentistry at (269) 381-7250 to schedule your appointment.